When confronted with the need for selling your home you should trust your largest asset with someone who has the skill and experience that is needed to market and sell your home for the most money in the quickest amount of time possible.
Historically, Larry sell homes fast, the average for the last two years is 19 days from listing to contract!
What are his selling secrets? You’ll have to make an appointment to find out!
12 Tips for Selling Your Home in This Market
2. Make Your Home Anonymous – Remove all personal items. No one viewing your home should know you live there. This means taking down family portraits, pictures of the grand kids, etc. You get the idea.
3. Remove Clutter – Clean off the mantle, put away the nick-nacks, create open spaces in your house. Try to remove 50% of your decor…open space makes prospective buyer’s feel comfortable and happy! Start in the kitchen and work your way through the house. Empty cabinets and drawers, remove unnecessary furniture, empty those closets…when you’re courting a buyer for your house, less is more.
4. Clean Your House – Make sure you go through your home with fine-toothed comb. Hire a cleaning crew to come through if necessary. All of your light and plumbing fixtures should be bright and shiny! Your fridge and oven should be spotless. Your goal is to give the impression that no one even lives there. You want buyer’s to ask, “Is this house staged?”
5. Make Interior Repairs – Go through your house looking for issues that need to be fixed and fix them. Hire the appropriate contractor or handyman to do the work that you can’t do and get it done fast. Keep your receipts so you can show the prospective buyer’s that you are a responsible seller. If you are having trouble locating issues it may be worth it to have your home inspected. A pre-contract inspection can be an important move when you are selling your home.
6. Attend to Ceilings, Walls & Trim – If you have an outdated color scheme or if you have water stains on the ceiling and dirty base boards you might need a fresh paint job. Modern color schemes and gleaming trim makes your house desirable to the savvy home buyer.
7. Focus on the Flooring – If the carpet needs replacing, replace the carpet. If the hardwood floors are scratched and beat up beyond recognition, repair them. If your laminate flooring has a red floral pattern from 1964 it might be time to upgrade for the 21st century buyer. Dirty flooring is one of the biggest turn offs for prospective buyer’s because they feel the entire house would be gross. If they wouldn’t walk barefoot on your floors then they won’t want to buy your house.
8. Inspect Windows & Doors – This is all about functionality. If your windows and doors won’t open and close properly then check the mechanisms and have them repaired. When selling your home all window and door latches need to latch and the hinges shouldn’t squeak. WD40 goes along way.
You should also consider that Metal casement windows are preferred for high-end homes.
9. Odor Control is Important – If you are a smoker, try to cut back or go outside more while you are selling your house. If you have pets, try to keep them as clean as possible and outside as much as possible. Make sure the floors remain clean and cat box is cleaned regularly. Also use warm, seasonal fragrances or candles throughout the house. A buyer’s nose may be the most important thing you can sell to. I’m being serious!
10. Curb Appeal (obviously) – How does your home stack up to others in the neighborhood? Plant bushes and flowers to help brighten your landscape. Potted plants and freshly cut lawns are also warm invitations to buyers. Stay away from planting trees and using too much lawn decor. And if you are using bricks to surround your mulch beds remove them immediately.
11. Exterior Maintenance & Repairs – Make sure all of your gutters are functional and attached properly along with your siding and shutters. Are there any major cracks in your foundation? If so…yikes! You may need to invest in a foundation repair company to give you an estimate on the repairs. Stair step cracks along mortar joints in the brick are usually no big deal. When selling your home, make sure your exterior lights all function and that the handrails and porch railings are secure and clean.