So far we have laid out three great reasons to live in Nashville – Education, Location and Culture. One reason that we haven’t mentioned is Real Estate Value. And since this blog is about being a happy homeowner in the greater Nashville area, I thought I would share with you a few points about the Nashville real estate market that might make you an even happier homeowner.
2. Real Estate Value
When the recession was pummeling most of the country, Nashville was one of the beacons of light that was still glimmering in the distance – signifying a light at the end of the tunnel and hope for a national real estate market that would rebound sooner than later.
The greater Nashville area was not unaffected by the economic downturn, but it is fair to say that Nashville and it’s surrounding communities were closer to stable than depressed. Here are some recent market stats taken from Trulia that echo the cry of a continuing trend of recovery in our area.
NASHVILLE, TN REAL ESTATE STATS
- The average price per square foot for Nashville was $149, an increase of 31.9% compared to the same period last year.
- The median sales price for homes in Nashville TN for Oct 11 to Dec 11 was $155,000 based on 996 home sales. Compared to the same period one year ago, the median home sales price increased 3.3%, or $5,000.
- There are currently 3,698 resale and new homes listed for sale in Nashville, including 485 homes in the pre-foreclosure, auction, or bank-owned stages of the foreclosure process.
FRANKLIN, TN REAL ESTATE STATS
- The median sales price for homes in Franklin TN for Oct 11 to Dec 11 was $380,000 based on 347 home sales. Compared to the same period one year ago, the median home sales price increased 23.7%, or $72,750.
- The number of home sales increased 0.9%.
- There are currently 1,317 resale and new homes listed for sale in Franklin, including 99 homes in the pre-foreclosure, auction, or bank-owned stages of the foreclosure process.
Although value has decreased overall since the bubble burst, Nashville is continuing its steady climb to return to the value of the early 2000′s. The brightest spot of the Nashville area real estate market is the simple truth that HOMES SELL HERE! Activity in the market is continuous because of how desirable it is to live in this city.
The number of homes currently on the market keeps trending down as home values trend up. Find a good deal on a home in a desirable community in Nashville or the surrounding area and you are setting yourself up for real estate success. Be sure to email for help navigating the market and to find the deal that is right for you.
Featured Area Listings
$1,259,900 : 1922 Campfire Circle, Brentwood4 beds, 6 bathsListed with RE/MAX Elite
$430,000 : 116 Heather Place, Brentwood3 beds, 3 bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty
$649,000 : 1841 Sonoma Trace, Brentwood4 beds, 4 bathsListed with Benchmark Realty, LLC
$579,000 : 6024 Wellesley Way, Brentwood4 beds, 4 bathsListed with Keller Williams Realty
$2,650,000 : 45 Governors Way, Brentwood4 beds, 8 bathsListed with The Ashton Real Estate Group of RE/MAX Advantage
$789,900 : 1223 Carl Seyfert Memorial Dr, Brentwood4 beds, 3 bathsListed with Pilkerton Realtors
$725,000 : 5016 Jackson Ln, Brentwood4 beds, 5 bathsListed with PARKS
$2,600,000 : 4 Crooked Stick Ln, Brentwood5 beds, 7 bathsListed with Village Real Estate Services
$1,599,900 : 1608 Windy Ridge Dr, Brentwood3 beds, 4 bathsListed with Armistead Arnold Pollard Real Estate, LLC
$1,325,000 : 1805 Writers Cir, Brentwood4 beds, 5 bathsListed with Armistead Arnold Pollard Real Estate, LLC
See all Real estate in the 37027 zip code.
(all data current as of 10/23/2017)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.