I sat down with Shawn Kaplan, the founder of Kaplan Mortgage Partners (Access National Mortgage) today to discuss mortgages, marketing, and the greater Nashville area real estate market. Thankfully I brought my recorder and was able to get a very helpful 11 minutes of question and answer from an authority in the field.
Some of the questions I asked and topics covered were:
- How do you project the mortgage market for 2013?
- How much money do buyer’s need to put down on a mortgage?
- What are some of the financing programs that are currently available?
- When should a buyer begin the pre-qualification process?
- How much time does it take you to close on a house after a contract is written?
- Are jumbo loans still available and what are the requirements?
If you are thinking about buying a home in 2013 you need to listen to the audio here for Shawn’s answers and to get a quick, but effective mortgage education. Check it out!
Disclaimer: There is some noticeable background noise because we met in a public place and because I recorded the entire conversation on my iPhone. Still the interview is pretty clear, so if you can get past the background noise you should be ok.)